Would you prefer a more symmetrical, aesthetically beautiful smile?
Dental reshaping and contouring can be the answer you’ve been looking for. But is it nonetheless important to consider every aspect of this treatment including the process, their advantages, potential risks, and the necessary post-treatment care.
Our dentist in NE Calgary is here to accommodate all your dental needs, so please get in touch with our clinic today if you’d like to gather more information about this cosmetic service.
Would Dental Contouring be a Good Option for You?
Dental reshaping and contouring is an especially good choice if you’re looking to address minor flaws in your smile such as slightly uneven teeth, small gaps, or sharp edges. It is a straightforward and non-invasive service that can provide you with your desired results quickly.
Before moving forward, you’ll need to speak with a qualified dentist in NE Calgary to see if you are a good candidate for this treatment. They will carefully examine your smile and discuss your cosmetic objectives to ensure dental contouring does indeed satisfy your expectations.
What to Expect During the Treatment
Familiarizing yourself with the general steps of the process will help you feel both empowered with your choice and more at ease when the time comes to have it done. The stages are outlined for you below:
- Appointment – The first step in your journey will be to discuss your goals and difficulties with your dentist during your appointment. They will inspect your teeth and determine whether dental contouring is the best action.
- Planning – Your dentist will create a customized treatment plan for you as soon as it is determined to proceed.
- Reshaping – Using specialized tools, your dentist will delicately restructure however many teeth need to be remedied. This process requires removing small pieces of enamel to achieve the desired results.
- Smoothing – Your dentist will realign your teeth, then smooth and polish them to achieve a smooth finish.
Just a single appointment is necessary to complete this treatment. Once it’s completed, you’ll be able to see immediate effects. If you have concerns or questions before, during, or after the appointment is over, don’t make sure to let your dental team know.
Cosmetic dentistry offers numerous benefits to those who wish to look better in the mouth:
- Teeth remain strong: The overall structural integrity of your teeth is maintained since a very small amount of enamel is etched off.
- Painless: Patients frequently feel little to no discomfort during the process.
- Economical: Dental contouring is a more reasonably priced aesthetic choice compared to porcelain veneers or customized crowns.
- Natural appearance: By visiting a dentist near you to acquire this treatment, you can make your smile appear naturally beautiful. Since tooth-colored material is used to fix your teeth, your friends and family won’t be able to tell you’ve had dental treatment at all!
Though it is generally very safe, it’s crucial to consider the limitations and possible risks associated with the process of gum and tooth contouring in NE Calgary. These are described in further detail below:
- Enamel thinning: If the patient receives aggressive tooth contouring, more enamel is removed, which can leave the remaining layer feeling significantly more sensitive.
- Unsuitable for serious issues: This treatment is best suited for minor adjustments. But if you’re dealing with more severe dental problems like overcrowding or blackened teeth as a result of deep decay, other treatments will most likely be needed. This can include orthodontic therapy or dental crowns.
- Irreversible: Enamel removal cannot be undone.
After dental contouring, the right aftercare is required to maintain your freshly enhanced smile. Your dentist may give you specific recommendations on the following:
You have to practice good dental hygiene every day in order to keep your smile healthy and functional. A night guard might be helpful if you grind your teeth to prevent enamel degradation.
Plan for regular dental exams and cleanings so that you and your dentist can both monitor your oral health and act quickly if needed.
Get the Beautiful Smile You Deserve Today
Undergoing gum and tooth contouring near you can be a great choice for people who want to make small adjustments to improve the appearance of their smile.
At Temple Dental Wellness, our dental specialists are here to assist you in having your dream smile! Call, come by our office in person, or send us an email to set up a visit today.