Modern dental offices are increasing their usage of laser dentistry. It is taken into consideration for a variety of tooth-related conditions and offers the patient a number of advantages. Read this blog to learn more about this most recent dental treatment method.
What is Laser Dentistry?
Lasers are used in this procedure to treat various dental issues. To fix a problem, layers of tissue are removed using a laser, which emits a beam of light. In order to reduce swelling, improve teeth whitening products, and lower the risk of infection during operations, dentists prefer to use this technique rather than the traditional drill. Depending on the technique, the laser is set up to target a certain type of tissue. To learn more about this treatment procedure contact our expert dentist near you who can guide and assist you with this modern dental procedure.
What Conditions Can Laser Dentistry Treat?
Laser dentistry can treat a wide range of dental problems including:
- Gum disease: The healthy tissue will remain unaffected by the laser’s removal of harmful gum tissue. It can also be used to extract plaque from the teeth.
- Tooth decay: The use of a laser to prepare a tooth for a filling is less invasive. Compared to a conventional drill, it molds the tooth enamel more gently.
- Teeth sensitivity: By securing tubules that are present in the tooth’s root, this treatment might lower the sensitivity of teeth.
- Impacted wisdom teeth: A laser can be used to remove gum tissue to access and remove wisdom teeth that are trapped in the gum or facing the wrong direction.
- Stained teeth: Dental lasers can improve whitening procedures to expedite the whitening process.
- Cosmetic treatments: Moreover, cosmetic procedures like teeth whitening and gum recontouring can be performed using lasers.
Contact our experienced dentist in NE Calgary to learn more about how this procedure can help you treat your various oral health problems. We offer these treatments to patients so they can comfortably address dental issues.
Advantages of Laser Dentistry
As a popular option for dental procedures, laser dentistry offers patients a number of advantages. There are several advantages to laser dentistry, such as the following:
- Rapid recovery
- Minimal scarring
- Less bleeding and swelling during the dental procedure
- Lowers the risk of infection
- Reduced discomfort and pain both during and after the treatment.
Use of Laser Dentistry
The equipment’s flexibility enables a wide range of uses that cross over with numerous common and everyday activities.
For instance, they can cure gum disease, tooth decay, hypersensitivity, or even merely whiten your teeth to make them sparkle and shine.
Is Laser Dentistry safe?
It is considered to be a very safe minimally invasive procedure. A trained dental expert can help you through the treatment and make sure you follow the safety precautions, such as wearing safety glasses throughout the procedure.
There could be a few negative effects, such as teeth melting or cracking. These are quite unlikely to occur. Before your procedure, your dentist will discuss possible side effects that you can experience during or after your treatment.
Laser dentistry near you can be an ideal solution for you to consider for addressing your dental concerns.
Laser dentistry in NE Calgary
The use of laser dentistry expedites and enhances the efficiency of treatment. Your swelling can be significantly reduced and there is usually less trauma as we can perform several operations without anesthesia.
We are pleased to provide laser dentistry to our patients at Temple Dental Wellness for the majority of treatments. In order to achieve the desired outcomes at your comfort, we ensure that you feel minimal pain and discomfort during your treatment.
Contact our experts and schedule your appointment today!